Tuesday, February 21, 2012

An exciting trip to the grocery store

This week Brianna and I had planned to get together and have a Dr. Appointment scheduling session.  Both of us have been meaning to go to the dentist, dermatologist (I've never been), and just the regular old doctor's office for months (or years) and thought if we could give each other moral support maybe we'd actually DO it (and simultaneously schedule babysitting).  Unfortunately, both Finn and IJ have been sick so we've had to postpone this exciting session...
BUT THEN, today in the Whole Foods I was being chatted up by the Fish Guy and he told me they were offering free facial exams with a machine that could read 8 layers of skin and normally an exam like this would cost $200!  Now, some might find this a little gross to do in a grocery store (or some might be busy or have better things to do), but Zoe and I hustled over to the lotion section.  I was a little skeptical but the fancy machine and cool pictures won me over.  I was prepared for the worst given the nasty sunburns I've had over the years, but get this - the Lotion Lady told me I scored in the 96% percentile for UV damage out of a possible 100%.  She said, "that's the best I've ever seen."  YESSSSSSS.  I might be a little competitive.  :)   The other 8 layers were sub-par, but who cares about spots and wrinkles? 
So, can I get out of that dermatologist appointment?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment