Saturday, April 14, 2012

The saddest garden


So I planted our garden 17 days ago... and we have NOTHING growing.  Most of the seed packs said we should see sprouts within 10 days.  I am not sure what I did wrong... seeds too deep?  too much clay in the soil?  not enough compost?  too much compost?  not enough water?  too much water?  I prefer to think it was our pesky squirrel who stole the seeds much like he stole our prayer flags, but he has a large family of baby squirrels to feed, so it makes me feel just a little better.  Except for that I think I kind of hate squirrels.  And now the cute little row markers look like tombstones to me.  RIP Arugula.  RIP Spinach and Cilantro.  RIP dear Kale and Beet Medley.  I'll give it a try again next week.  Does anyone have any suggestions for better results next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment