Tuesday, March 13, 2012

New shoes

I've been really into running again lately and I just got these new shoes yesterday and wore them all day to start breaking them in.  They are a new brand for me called Newton and they have this very elevated rubbery piece on the sole where the ball of your foot hits.  They claim to actually massage your feet!  I am about to go on my first run so we will see... I am hoping for a foot massage and that great fast feeling you get when you run in new shoes for the first time.  The other thing these shoes are supposed to help with is forefoot running instead of allowing your heel to strike first.  I have been trying to run more on the balls of my feet like they talk about in Born to Run, but it is HARD.  Okay here goes....

 
Back from that jog and my calves are killing me.  Think I might need a few more days to break these shoes in.  But on the plus side, Tim said they were a 10.5 on the scale of 1-10 of hotness.  Yes!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment