Thursday, January 12, 2012

dreamplanning



One of my favorite past-times is 'dreamplanning'.  This term is pretty self-explanatory, but essentially it is taking your standard daydream up a couple notches and imagining it REALLY happening. My latest involves me, Tim and Zoe living abroad for a year.  I’ve toyed with the idea of Paris (too expensive), Buenos Aires (too far away) and now have fixated on Costa Rica.  It’s not enough just to fantasize about warm beaches, friendly locals and delicious fruit... the dream becomes a lot more vivid once I start to research and plan it.  So far, I’ve found cute houses on both the Pacific and Caribbean coasts like this one in Esterillos... just look at that view!  

 
I've looked into jobs for me and Tim (perhaps a traveling PT?) and thought about when we'd like to go (maybe January 2014?)  My friend Melissa is one of the best dreamplanners I know and she happens to be thinking about moving to Costa Rica too... so this just makes it even more appealing. Melissa met her husband in Costa Rica and they go back there often to visit his family.  When I told her about this most recent dreamplan she said, "This could be a cosmic aligning of the stars!" I just love Melissa's enthusiasm. Here is what else she has to say about Costa Rica: "I love Costa Rica, I love the family values and the values of the people in general: happiness, health, family and joy.  The pace of life is more slow, people are more friendly, people stress less and enjoy the simple things more.  Money, career success and material items all come second and I want my child or children to be exposed to some of the happiest people on earth."  Pura vida, here we come (in my dreams!)

1 comment:

  1. 'Dreamplanning' such a beautiful idea. May your dreams come true. You are already on your way with such great thoughts. Can we come visit ?
    Teri and Anthony

    ReplyDelete